The Importance of Washing Your Face Every Day
You’ve undoubtedly had your share of long nights at the end of which all you can think about is your head hitting the pillow. Simply mustering the energy to brush your teeth is difficult enough, let alone making the effort to remove your makeup and wash your face. But what happens if you don’t wash your face before bed? Is it really a big deal?
In this article, we’ll talk about the importance of washing your face every day, including what happens to your skin when you don’t wash your face. You’ll also receive some simple tips for washing your face properly as well as some recommendations for the best cleansers from Yon-Ka Paris.
Why Should You Wash Your Face Every Day?
When you wake up in the morning to find your pillow covered in makeup, you may start to regret not washing your face before bed. Eventually, when you start to develop blemishes your regret will deepen, and you’ll find yourself reaching for your emergency spot treatment while wondering why your skin is suddenly in rebellion.
The truth is that not washing your face on a regular basis has a much bigger impact on your skin than you may realize. When you stop cleansing, you put yourself at risk for worsening the skincare concerns you already have and open yourself to the potential of developing new ones.
Here’s what might happen if you start skipping your cleansing routine:
- You’ll see an increase in breakouts due to increased oil production in the skin.
- Your skin tone will become duller and dryer over time, especially if you have dry skin.
- You’ll wake up with your skin feeling oily or greasy, especially in the T-zone.
- Your pores may be enlarged because they are clogged with dirt, debris, and dead skin cells.
- You’ll look more tired than usual and fine lines and wrinkles will be accentuated.
Washing your face is about more than just removing makeup and the daily accumulation of impurities. It is an important step in maintaining proper hydration levels in your skin and it is essential for keeping your skin clean and clear. It also helps with exfoliation, preventing dead skin cells from accumulating on the surface of your skin, making it look dull and tired. Relatedly, proper cleansing fights aging. Along with the impurities you’re removing, you’re also removing free radicals from environmental exposure.
Tips for Washing Your Face Properly
Cleansing your face is one of the most (if not THE most) important steps in a proper daily skincare routine. It should be done first thing in the morning and right before bed at night. When it comes to choosing a cleanser, pick one that is appropriate for your skin type. Choosing the wrong cleanser can be just as bad for your skin as not cleansing at all!
If you have dry skin, avoid a cleanser that is too aggressive or that contains drying ingredients like soap – choose something that won’t strip the skin.
For oily skin, avoid anything too heavy that will sit on your skin or too stripping. Either of these options can increase oil production.
For sensitive skin, choose a gentle formula made with natural ingredients like peppermint. Look for something creamy to soothe and not strip sensitive skin.
If you have normal skin, you have the benefit of being able to choose a cleanser designed for any specific skincare concerns you may have. Combination skin gives you a wider range of options as well, though you’ll do best with something that clears away oil and grime without stripping your skin’s natural moisture.
Once you’ve chosen your cleanser, the next step is learning how to use it properly. Here are some simple tips for washing your face properly:
- If you like to double cleanse, you can start with a micellar water and a cotton pad to remove as much of your makeup as possible.
- Wet your face with lukewarm water and apply a small amount of cleanser to your fingertips.
- Rub your fingertips together to spread the cleanser then apply to your face, using circular motions to massage it into your skin.
- Massage the cleanser into your skin for at least 30 seconds for the best results then rinse with lukewarm to cool water.
- Pat your skin dry with a clean towel but do not rub or scrub.
- Apply your preferred skincare products in the following order: toner, serum, eye cream, acne spot treatment (if needed), moisturizer, sunscreen.
Knowing how to properly wash your face is only part of the equation – you also need to choose the right cleanser. When shopping for any skincare product, it is important to know your skin type and to select a product formulated for that skin type, so you don’t make your skincare concerns worse. Read on to see some recommendations from French skincare brand Yon-Ka Paris.
Recommended Cleansers from Yon-Ka Paris
Choosing the right cleanser can be tough, especially with so many options to choose from. If you want a cleanser you can count on to deliver results without the use of harsh or over-drying ingredients, consider Yon-Ka Paris. All Yon-Ka Paris cleansers are for every skin type, plus they are made with luxurious, high-quality ingredients time-tested to deliver a unique and therapeutic experience.
Here are some of the top Yon-Ka Paris cleansers to consider:
- Gel Nettoyant – A gentle cleansing makeup remover gel, this product features a foaming 2-in-1 formula that removes both eye and face makeup. It is enriched with softening and purifying ingredients with a light citrus aroma fragrance. Recommended for all skin types, particularly for oily skin, this cleanser will leave the skin feeling refreshed and clean without the harsh, drying action of soap.
- Lait Nettoyant – This cleansing makeup remover milk is delicately scented and designed for all skin types. Enriched with purifying and hydrating ingredients like borneol and plant-based cleansers, this product removes eye and face makeup while balancing the skin’s oils, leaving your face feeling soft and refreshed. It is especially well-suited for dry and dehydrated skin as well as mature skin.
- Eau Micellaire – To deliver clean, fresh beauty at any time, trust this intelligent micellar cleansing water. It features innovative micellar technology which combines expert makeup removal with age prevention and free-radical protection. It is also infused with sea lavender extracts and floral essential oils in a gentle formula safe for all skin types.
- Nettoyant Creme – A cleansing makeup remover cream, this sensitive skin cleanser gently removes even high coverage makeup without the use of harsh ingredients. Made with a cooling peppermint derivative, this creamy cleanser has a pleasant aroma and leaves the skin feeling calmed and refreshed. It works well for sensitive, dry, reactive, and even damaged skin.
If you’re still not sure which cleanser is best for you, use the Yon-Ka Paris Skincare Advisor to find the best products for your skincare regimen. Simply provide a few key details about your skin type and your skincare concerns to receive a customized skincare regimen. Or, for an even more personalized recommendation, visit your local Yon-Ka Paris Partner spa today!