The hustle, the difficulties of taking time off, job, commitments, and schoolwork leave us with little time to connect to ourselves with self-focused activities and day spa services which can help you feel realigned with yourself in today's busy 'go-go-go world'. To establish, or re-establish, a connection with oneself and one's own needs can seem almost impossible.
And it's because we're so focused on carrying out our responsibilities with others that we forget about ourselves as the person with whom we'll spend the rest of our lives. We often forget that day spa services and other activities can have a calming effect and help make stress more manageable. As a result, fulfilling our commitments is equally as vital as fulfilling our desires and needs.
Care, or the act of caring for and being cared for, is a basic human need for personal growth and the preservation of physical and mental health.
Always remember self-care is both a right and a responsibility, in order to live your best life
But… What is exactly is 'Self-Care'?
Self-care is still what we often call "life habits". That is, the set of actions that we carry out around our personal care. Our habits end up conditioning our physical, mental and emotional state.
Here we bring you some of the techniques that will help us reincorporate healthy habits into our daily routine:
- At least once a week, have a deep conversation with yourself about your needs. Do not wait for others to do it for you; you are the expert on yourself!
- Introduce a nutritious, balanced diet focused on fruits, vegetables, and greens; wholemeal flours and cereals; and, primarily, vegetable proteins. Sweets and processed meals should be avoided.
- 5 litres of water each day is recommended.
- Tobacco, alcohol, and other hazardous drugs should be avoided.
- Regularly engage in moderate physical activity, such as walking, swimming, cycling, or yoga, followed by infrared sauna after workouts.
- Sleep for an average of 6-8 hours every day, ensuring that we get the rest we need and developing proper sleep hygiene (avoiding screens before going to bed, avoiding the consumption of caffeine or drinks that activate before going to bed, having a routine that predisposes to rest...).
- Maintain proper personal hygiene: showers on a regular basis, clean clothing, decent dental hygiene, and so on.
- Use relaxation and visualization methods, dance, take calming baths, listen to soothing music, paint, read, and so on.
- Develop a strong social network. Maintain communication with friends and family so that we may always reach out to them when we need to unplug.
- Invest time on our own preferences and engage in activities that please them. Spend some time finding yourself if we still don't understand them.
- We must strike a balance between time spent with others and time spent with oneself.
Some of these may already be a part of your day-to-day routine. Do not attempt to put all of them into practice at the same time; instead, choose one and stick with it until it has become second nature to you. It will be simpler for you to adjust to the new modifications if you do so.
Spa Treatments for Self-Care
Many different types of self-care routines including all types of day spa treatments can be done on a regular basis. One way to take care of oneself is by going to a spa and getting treatments.
The spa treatment can range from facials to saunas and massage or pressotherapy to help you feel amazing. A spa day is also a great way to spend time with friends, family, or even by yourself.
The treatments will help you relax and do something good for your body. They are also very relaxing and can help relieve some stress from your everyday life.
It's important to take care of oneself on a regular basis, and going to the spa is one way to do so!
Self Care with Infrared Sauna
Regularly enjoying infrared sauna therapy is a great way to relax and destress after a long day. They help you achieve a deep state of relaxation by increasing your heart rate and blood flow, which in turn helps to improve circulation.
The infrared sauna for self care routine is a great way to treat yourself, but it is also an easy way to get your family and friends involved. In addition to giving you a refreshed and renewed feeling infrared sauna benefits your physical wellbeing and detoxification. It has also been proven that socializing with others in a multi-user infrared sauna can have many benefits for both the individual and their friends.
The detoxification effects from infrared sauna can help keep your body healthy a free from dangerous toxins. Ultimately sauna therapy goes beyond relaxation which makes it a very important part of self-care and wellbeing. Saunas have also been linked to losing weight. Using infrared sauna therapy for weight loss benefits can play a role in self care as well as overall health and self respect.
There's also emerging evidence that for its healing benefits sauna therapy can play a role in recovery from surgical procedures. Infrared sauna after surgery can be a healthy addition to a self-care routine in the days, weeks or even months following a surgical procedure.
Massage Therapy Self-Care
A self-care routine including massage therapy for health benefits is a great way to take care of your body and mind. It is a form of self-care that can be done on a regular basis.
The benefits of massage therapy are many. It can help the body release toxins, relieve muscle tension, reduce stress and anxiety, improve sleep quality, increase blood circulation, and boost the immune system.
Massage therapy has been shown to help with depression and anxiety disorders as well as chronic pain conditions such as fibromyalgia or arthritis.
It is important to keep in mind that massage therapy should not be considered a replacement for medical treatment. If you have any serious medical condition such as cancer or diabetes, you should always consult your physician before starting any new treatment regimen like massage therapy.
Body Waxing Self Care Routine
A common practice for self-care and beautification predominantly for women but also enjoyed by some men is facial and body waxing on a regular basis. Waxing is a common practice for hair removal that has been practiced for centuries. It has become even more popular as a way to maintain self care and personal hygiene.
Waxing is often used by people with sensitive skin, who find shaving to be too harsh on their skin. It can also be used by people with certain medical conditions, such as psoriasis or diabetes.
Waxing is also becoming popular amongst men who are looking for a way to remove hair without the use of shaving products or laser treatments.
Meditation for Self Care
As more and more studies and research become available, we now know that a meditation self-care routine can have a profound effect on your sense of well-being. Taking the time to meditate on a regular basis is a reliable way to calm the mind and body as well as reconnect with source energy.