We love all things beauty at Ambiance. Visit our blog regularly for beauty tips, tricks and secrets. If we have news about our salon and day spa we will include it here too. Thanks for visiting our site!
As we enter the final quarter of the year, it’s time to check on your remaining FSA/HSA balances.
Did you know massage therapy can be an eligible expense to use your FSA/HSA funds? If you suffer from a condition that massage therapy has been proven to treat (such as back pain, arthritis, carpal tunnel syndrome, anxiety, depression, fibromyalgia), speak to your physician about adding massage therapy to your healthcare routine! With a simple, three item prescription from your physician, we can either charge your FSA card directly or provide you with documentation for reimbursement. Your prescription just needs three things:
Any woman can be a mother, but it takes a special woman to be a "mom." Ambiance celebrates all of you wonderful women: moms, sisters, nieces, aunts, grandmothers, teachers and caregivers that dedicate your lives to making a difference in someone's life.
Come and join us for our special event hosted In your honor,Saturday, May 7, 10 am - 4 pm, in partnership with NuFACE. If you have ever been curious at all about microcurrent technology and "5-minute facials," now is your chance to try it out.
In addition to offering free NuFACE Trinity demonstrations and 10% off store-wide, we will be serving champagne and sweets. Demonstrations are by appointment only. Please call to schedule your demonstration. 562.621.1121.
Nutrition is almost never thought of when it comes to beauty and skin health. We are bombarded with creams, lotions secret anti-aging formulas yet we fail to give our bodies the fundamental building blocks our bodies need to have truly healthy tissue. The topical application of the right nutrients is absolutely necessary for healthy skin, however the majority of factors that determine skin health are internal. Make sure you know your supermarket isle before you know your pharmacy Isle.
Facials are a luxurious experience that refresh your whole perspective. They are also important for good health. Here are a few reasons to make facials a regular part of your health routine.
1. Slows aging process — a regular facial will stimulate your facial muscles and strengthen the skin’s tone, making it more resistant to sagging and wrinkling.
A well functioning circulatory system not only helps nourish and repair tissues but helps improve cellulite. Our cardiovascular system is responsible for circulating blood and therefore distributing oxygen and nutrients to all tissues. As we age the cardiovascular system declines but massage can help improve circulation of nutrition to your tissues.
If you have a Flexible Spending Account (FSA) or Healthcare Savings Account (HSA), massage therapy can be a qualified medical expense, as long as a physician recommends it with a written prescription. The IRS states that medical care expenses must be primarily to alleviate or prevent a physical or mental ailment. Examples of illnesses that qualify include carpal tunnel syndrome, stress, back pain, arthritis, diabetes, hypertension, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, anxiety, depression and pain management.
1. Skin firming lotion. Look for creams that are filled with herbal ingredients, and vitamins E and A. These are all ingredients that are designed specifically to increase the collagen and elastin in your skin.
2. Avoid harsh chemicals. Exposure to hot and chlorinated water can loosen and damage skin so limit your exposure to hot tubs. It’s also a good idea to install a water filter in the shower and you'll see your skin start to rejuvenate.
The makeup colors and brands you’ve been wearing for years probably don’t reflect what’s best for your skin anymore. Keep your cosmetic bag current—replace foundations, powders, and concealers every 6 months to a year, and steer clear of dated makeup styles too.
May 07, 2013 - As the number of women-owned businesses grows across the country, female entrepreneurs are opening up shop in Long Beach, expanding existing operations and focusing on growth.
This year marks the 25th anniversary of the Women’s Ownership Act, allowing women to get a loan without a male cosigner and full reporting of the economic impact of women-owned businesses. Today, in addition to U.S. Census data, the business division of American Express, American Express OPEN, is three years into its now annual State of Women-Owned Business Report.
1. You are storing products in the shower. Products need to be kept at a consistent temperature. Showers have high humidity levels and temperatures fluctuate dramatically. Make sure to store products in cabinets away from the steam.
2. You do not follow expiration dates. Unless a product has sunscreen filters or medical ingredients, it is not mandatory to indicate the expiration date on cosmetics packaging. However, it’s still going to expire. Cosmetic products have a short lifecycle. On average a product’s quality lasts one year. Make sure to do some seasonal clean up and trash old products.
The secret to flawless, confident wedding day beauty is preparation and bringing in the right professionals. A bride has a million things on her mind such as the cake, wedding decorations, wedding vows and other details. That’s why she and her bridal party need wellness and beauty professionals to help the bride and the bridal party look and feel stunning. The prep is fun and will make you feel pampered while getting you into the spirit of your upcoming wedding.